Procedure Of Making An Occupied Bed. Bed making is the process of making a bed ready for sleeping. It typically involves straightening the sheets, blankets, and pillows, and tucking them in neatly. In some cases, it may also involve making the bed look more presentable, such as by adding a bedspread or decorative pillows.
Procedure Of Making An Occupied Bed
Here is the procedure for making an occupied bed:
- Wash your hands.
- Gather your supplies. You will need a clean fitted sheet, a clean flat sheet, a clean blanket, a clean pillowcase for each pillow, and a draw sheet (if necessary).
- Explain the procedure to the patient and get their consent.
- Raise the bed to a comfortable working height and lock the wheels.
- Fanfold the clean linens on a clean surface next to the bed.
- Put on gloves.
- If the patient is able, ask them to roll to one side of the bed.
- Remove the soiled bottom sheet and bed pad, folding them inward so that the soiled side is not touching the patient.
- Tuck the clean fitted sheet under the mattress at the head of the bed.
- Ask the patient to roll to the other side of the bed.
- Tuck the clean fitted sheet under the mattress at the foot of the bed.
- Remove the soiled flat sheet and blanket.
- Place the clean flat sheet over the patient, leaving the top edge loose.
- Place the clean blanket over the patient, tucking it in at the sides and bottom.
- If the patient is using a draw sheet, place it over the blanket and tuck it in at the sides and bottom.
- Ask the patient to roll to the center of the bed.
- Remove the soiled pillowcases and replace with clean pillowcases.
- Help the patient to get comfortable.
- Remove your gloves and wash your hands.
- Make sure the bed is tidy and the call light is within reach of the patient.
Here are some tips for making an occupied bed:
- Be careful not to disturb the patient as much as possible.
- Move slowly and smoothly.
- Use good body mechanics to avoid injury.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Make sure the patient is comfortable and safe at all times.
Email: [email protected]
Mirpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh